Last Updated: January 30, 2020
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED.
a. Personal Information You Provide to Us.
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in order to provide our Website to you, or because we are legally required to do so. If you do not provide the Personal Information we request, we may not be able to provide you with our Website. You may update or revise your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com or through your account. By using our Website, you may be required to provide us with the following types of Personal Information:
i. Contact Data. Contact data includes your name, phone number, e-mail address, and
mailing address. We use contact data to send Users information about our company and our Website or in
response to the services requested by Users. As a User, you consent to receive communications from LH
electronically, but have the ability to opt-out of receiving future emails about our company and other
services. To be removed from receiving any mailings, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Users cannot
opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with us or our Website. Please note
that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any
"Contact Us" request as well as administrative, maintenance and operational emails (for example, in
connection with a password reset request). As a User, you agree that all communications, disclosures and
notices sent to you by e-mail shall satisfy any requirement that notice be provided in writing.
- ii. Transaction and Demographic Data. We collect transaction information about your purchases and inquiries to fulfill orders or for our general business needs. We may also collect demographic and preferences data about your usage of our Website, your interests, your location, your goals or needs, and any other information relevant to the provision of our Website.
- iv. Financial Transaction Data Only Provided to Third-Party Payment Processors. In order to complete sales by phone or online, LH (for phone orders only) or its payment processors collects credit card or other payment information to complete User orders. All payment processing is completed by third-party payment processing companies and is subject to their applicable privacy policies and other terms.
- ii. Web Beacons. LH may also use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about your usage of our Website and interaction with emails from us. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you view a particular site tied to the web beacon. For example, we may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to our Website. We may use web beacons to operate and improve our Website and email communications, to monitor the number of users who visit our Website, determine how often a message is viewed, to deliver a cookie to the web browser of a visitor or user, and for other purposes.
4. THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
If you submit or we collect Personal Information through our Website, then such Personal Information may be used in the following ways: (i) to provide, analyze, administer, and improve our Website, (ii) to contact you in connection with our Website and certain services, notifications, events, programs or offerings that you may have registered for, (iii) to send you updates and promotional materials that you have registered for, (iv) to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of our Website that you are authorized to access; (v) for recruiting and human resources administration purposes, and (vi) to protect our rights and/or our property and to ensure the technical functionality and security of our Website.
5. ACCOUNTS AND PASSWORDS.
When you register as a User of our Website, you will be required to provide us a user name and password. Providing a user name and password will allow you to create a User account to access, download, use, or purchase products or services. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password. You are responsible for all uses of your account and password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account. In such an event, you will need to provide us a new password. You may access or correct your account information that we maintain by logging into your account on our Website or contacting us at email@example.com.
6. HOW WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- a. To Third Parties. We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose the Personal Information collected from our Website to third parties unless otherwise stated below or with your consent. We share your Personal Information with our affiliates, suppliers, vendors and/or their agents and employees as necessary or convenient for the provision of the services to you on our Website. Specifically, we may share your Personal Information with third parties that assist or provide LH in: (i) providing the services that you have requested (e.g., third-party payment processors); or (iii) providing support, marketing or advertising services to or on behalf of LH.
- 7. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We reserve the right to retain any Personal Information as long as the Personal Information is needed to: (i) fulfill the purposes that are described in Section 4 (The Purposes For Which We Use Personal Information), and (ii) comply with applicable law.
- 8. DATA SECURITY.
The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- 9. COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR
- 10. ELIGIBILITY; COMPLIANCE WITH CHILDREN PRIVACY ISSUES.
- 11. HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS.
We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
- 12. INTERNATIONAL VISITORS.
- 13. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
The state of California provides its residents with certain rights concerning their Personal Information. This section describes how you may exercise your rights for Personal Information that we collect through the Website and offline.
- a. Categories of Personal Information Subject to California Privacy rights
In accordance with California law, we collected (through the Website and offline) the following categories of Personal Information within the preceding 12 months:
- • Identifiers such as your name, alias, email address, mailing address, IP address, and online identifiers;
- • Information that you provide as part of a transaction (including information you request to be engraved on your Medical ID), including phone numbers, credit or debit card numbers, insurance policy number (if engraved), and other information (if provided by you) specified in Cal. Civ. Code s. 1798.80(e);
- • Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased or other purchasing histories;
- • Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information on your usage of our Website;
- • Geolocation data and other electronic data collected through your use of the Website or interaction with emails we send you; and
- • Information used to create a profile reflecting your preferences or behavior on the Website.
- We share each of these categories of Personal Information with our service providers to the extent necessary to provide their services and as otherwise described in Section 6, above.
- b. Your California Privacy Rights
In accordance with California law, California consumers may exercise the following rights with respect to their Personal Information:
You have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such Personal Information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your Personal Information.
|Erasure||You have a right to request us to delete Personal Information that we collected from you. However, please be aware that we may not fulfill your request for deletion if we (or our service provider(s)) are required to retain your Personal Information for one or more of the following categories of purposes: (1) to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or complete a contract between us and you; (2) to ensure our website integrity, security, and functionality; (3) to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law; (4) to otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.|
|Right to Opt-Out||You have a right to opt-out of certain disclosures of Personal Information to third parties, if such disclosures constitute a “sale” under California law. As noted in Section 9, we enable advertisers to collect certain information from the Website, which the advertisers may use to improve their interest-based advertising networks. Regardless of whether this is a “sale,” you may opt-out of interest-based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-out page or YourAdChoices, provided by the Digital Advertising Alliance.|
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please send (or have your authorized agent send) an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1.800.360.8680. You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by any business when you exercise your California privacy rights.
While we take measures to ensure that those responsible for receiving and responding to your request are informed of your rights and how to help you exercise those rights, when contacting us to exercise your rights, we ask you to please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Tell Us Which Right You Are Exercising: Specify which right you want to exercise and the Personal Information to which your request relates (if not to you). If you are acting on behalf of another consumer, please clearly indicate this fact and your authority to act on such consumer’s behalf.
- Help Us Verify Your Identity: Provide us with information to verify your identify. For example, provide us (at a minimum) your phone number or email address. If your phone number or email address appears in our records, we may contact you to help confirm that you are making the request. Please note that if we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
- Direct Our Response Delivery: Please provide us with an email or mailing address through which we can provide our response. If you make the request by email, unless otherwise requested, we will assume that we can respond to the email address from which you made the request.
In addition, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our Users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact information set forth below.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US.