Medical alerts are bracelets and necklaces marked with a medical caduceus or staff of life symbol, which indicates the presence of medical information. 95% of first responders check the neck and wrist for medic alert jewelry, which can include pendant or dog tag necklaces as well as a variety of bracelet types, such as hypoallergenic cuffs, classic med ID chains, stretch styles, silicone med alert bands, and more.
The best medical ID bracelet is one you like and will wear daily. Here are a few other things to consider when shopping for the best medic alert bracelet:
- • How much engraving space do you need? Our interchangeable styles have some of the largest engraving allowances.
- • Will you wear your medical alert bracelet around the clock? If so, look for a stainless steel or silicone medical alert band for water-friendly, 24/7 daily wear.
- • Will your information change? Interchangeable med IDs allow you to replace your medical alert tag without replacing all of your bracelets.
Deciding on a style of medical alert jewelry will help you narrow down your choices. Consider who will be wearing this medical alert. Are they:
- • Stylish, fashion-forward: Consider an interchangeable medical alert bracelet. Made of a bracelet strand and medical alert tag, both pieces can be mixed and matched with others, allowing for a fresh look every day.
- • Active and sporty: Silicone and stainless steel med alerts are best for highly active individuals who want to wear their med alerts during outdoor, water, and sports activities.
- • Young and growing: Kids who like their medical alerts are much more likely to wear them. Help your child choose a med alert by visiting our boys’ and girls’ sections.